THE 1ST ANNUAL TUMBLR WINTER BOOK EXCHANGE
“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” — Edith Sitwell
and the time for curling up with a good book against the cold! the days are getting colder and the nights are getting longer, friends, and soon it’ll be gift-giving season. for us on tumblr, there’s a whole class of relationship that we’ll not get to celebrate the way we do the others in our lives. and even if we wanted to, most of us can’t afford to buy all of their tumblr-acquaintances gifts. so, it’s time for a secret-gifter holiday book exchange! since we’ve built our relationships here on stories and mutual loves, what better to exchange between us than books?
- i’m sorry to have to exclude anyone, but because we’ll be giving out addresses, in order to participate i need to know who you are. it’s a safety thing, and a making sure no one loses out thing.
- please confirm your interest by november 27 at the latest. your secret recipient will be sent out to you on the 29th, in the hopes that we might be able to miss the late-december postal madness.
- once you are committed, you are committed. it’s your recipient who loses out if you flake out, and that’s not fair.
- if you’re under 18 and living at home, you should probably get your parent’s permission to be giving out your address, as harmless as this seems, okay?
- YOU MUST GIFT YOUR RECIPIENT WITH A BOOK.
- new or used books are fine, however! that’s part of the reason they’re what we’re to be exchanging - the varying levels of affordability for all of us.
- to signal your interest in participating, please email me your name, tumblr-handle, and address, with some iteration of ‘holiday book swap’ in the subject, to withyouinrockland @ gmail(.)com
- please also send a (very brief; the point is to be surprised!) description of your taste in books, in case your assigned gifter doesn’t know you that well, as well as any triggers you may have or other necessary information.
okay? okay! please feel free to email or ask me if you’ve got any questions.